I've been away for a while, and I'll pass no blame to anyone who has given up on me or my blog!
I've never been totally sure what I wanted this blog to be, honestly, or why to blog at all. That's probably been quite clear, with all the starting and the stopping and the randomness. But some time away has helped me see what I might like this ol' blog to become.
I suppose to preface, I should say that I've never considered myself a writer -- not at all. Writing has never, neither in the recreational nor in the professional sense, been a "must" or even a strong "maybe" in my life plans. But lately I've been filled with a desire to write.
I mean filled, like...dog-earing pages, memorizing phrases, sipping and then slurping and then gulping well-written wines to the point where I've asked myself: can I do it too?
That kind of filled.
So, here goes. A new(ish) blog, dedicated to love of language and the world. A place to clarify my thinking and sink my hands and heart into a creative pursuit that has always given me profound satisfaction, whether I realized it or not. And hopefully a place that will bring someone else (you) to a state of mind that's altogether not totally unpleasant. :)
So, yeah. If all else fails, just consider me an English major trying to put all that money to decent use. (And trying not to overuse emoticons. [I do solemnly swear not to exceed one per post.])
Hey again, friends. :)
(shoot! lied already.)
3 comments:
YESSSSSSSS! So, so excited to see what comes of the new endeavor. And definitely did NOT give up on you...or the blog! :) ((EMOTICON!)) haha.
Also, for the record, I already considered you quite the writer so that English major serves you well my friend.
Thanks, lady!! You're so sweet. :) I have admired your writing (and humor and hilarity) ever since I started tuning in to your blog!! When will that book be finished, huh?? :)
Just a quick reminder that you raised expectations awhile back. ;)
Post a Comment