I just got back last Saturday from a week-long trip to Virginia to be a camp counselor for middle-schoolers. I had an amazing time-- we laughed, we played, we ate, we sang, we learned, and we bonded. Oh did we ever bond.
Not so.
They returned for my middle-school camp adventure with a vengeance!! As a counselor for kids in that same awkward time of life, I thought I would just be offering my attention, care, love and dubiously useful insight to these children... I was unaware that I’d also contribute to our feeling of unity with my facial plague.
Luckily, my friend Amy (sorry if you didn't want to share this, Amy) attested that her face, too, was suffering a curse. And so, we thought of a phrase that comforted us.
Imagine this in a booming voice.
GOD: "A PLAGUE a' BOTH YOUR FACES!!!"
Luckily, my friend Amy (sorry if you didn't want to share this, Amy) attested that her face, too, was suffering a curse. And so, we thought of a phrase that comforted us.
Imagine this in a booming voice.
GOD: "A PLAGUE a' BOTH YOUR FACES!!!"
Thank you, Shakespeare.
(Thank you, too, Proactiv.)
No comments:
Post a Comment