Monday, October 5, 2009

surprise

I went to New York a few weekends ago to see my brother and his class's gallery show.  He's in grad school for illustration and had been working on this children's book since last year, so it was a big accomplishment for him, and so well done.  And he had a little surprise for me, too.


An emoticon of me smiling just doesn't do it justice.

5 comments:

Sara said...

I seriously teared up at this! That is so great!!! I love it!

laura said...

the book is adorable!!! i can't wait to own a copy of my own. and lauren, did you mean to have that little light circly-do around your name? that is photographic genius right there!!

security word: UNDISEM, meaning: undo the dis you just threw at someone. as in, un-dis 'em!

Gina said...

Ooooh! That's so sweet of him -- is the character at all based on little Lauren? I can't wait to read it.

And following Laura's lead:

security word: ductic. meaning: of, or having properties of duct tape.

lauren said...

Haha, what great definitions. Those words should become part of everyday language.

Laura, I can't remember if I meant to have the light-circly thing there or not...but I was impressed with myself when I saw it in the photo!

And rawbean (can I say your name on here?), he says the character is based a little bit on me. I'd be curious to know in what ways, but it could just be similar because I was the only little girl he was around very much.

And Sara...I am so with you. I feel really honored. :)

I'll let you all know when I get a copy of the book!

Anonymous said...

From an older brother to a younger sister - that has to be one of the sweetest. Period.