Wednesday, February 3, 2010

snow songs (in honor of the 3-day forecast)

I've had to rely on calming car music more than usual this year, with all this snow. The rules while driving in snow, as Elle Woods would say, are simple and finite: no scary, jumpy, or distracting music, no texting or iPod-ing while driving (okay, that should be true all the time), and nothing sleep-inducing. But still soothing or uplifting. And chewing minty gum doesn't hurt the ol' attention span.

So here are some artists I like to listen to when I know my commute might dawdle on and I won't want to take my mittened hands off the wheel (unless it's to sit on them because they're freezing).

(driving status: freaking out and needing something to take me down a notch)
Coldplay

(updated status: plugging along. Not afraid of dying, just worried about minor crashes, insurance and looking like an idiot.)
Bon Iver


(Almost at destination -- starting to feel a little more confident, or maybe the sun is coming out)
Ingrid Michaelson - You & I


Do you have snow songs?

2 comments:

Sara said...

GREAT picks!!! Also, I LOVE that you mentioned Elle Woods. hahaahha...best thing ever.

laura said...

bon iver worked for me as i commuted into work this morning. yay for soothing tunes when it's a freaking blizzard outside.