I talked to a wonderful friend on the phone tonight and was amazed again at how passionate she feels about so many things in life. The more I heard her talk about being dissatisfied with the challenges life is throwing her way, the more grateful I felt for the passionate dissatisfaction she voiced.
As a life-long harmonizer, I'm usually inclined to find the notes that ring well together, not the ones vibrating with dissonance. My heart doesn't handle those well. And I'm not inclined to seek them out. She doesn't seek them out, either, but she'll also call 'em like she sees 'em. And that's what I love. She's like a choir conductor who hears the polished beauty of a well-trained chorus long before the singers have opened their sheet music. So with that glorious sound ringing in her ears, she's quick to pinpoint the faulty pitches of the choristers around her. She doesn't blame -- she asks how she can help. She's not a perfectionist, and not an idealist -- but she'll pursue both, to make something meaningful.
If she has the endurance to keep harnessing that heart of hers, she'll make music throughout her life. Keep yearning for more, lady.
No comments:
Post a Comment