I've been doing a little prep work before my birthday -- it ain't sneakin' up on me this year! -- and have [JOKINGLY] turned to this book with a crass title as my source of wise counsel. I've had this book enough years to have accomplished some of the tasks therein, albeit in a jumbled order:
- age 24:
WASTE THIS YEAR (done!)
- age 25:
HAVE A QUARTER-LIFE CRISIS (I think I waited til 26 for this)
- age 26:
START WORKING FOR THE MAN (hmm...started this around age 22...)
So, since I've actually completed my task for the coming year, and anticipate drawing out the quarter-life crisis assigned to age 25 well into my late 20s, I'm going to add my own to-dos! Ready?
- Take a graphic design class (or fibers or printmaking...not sure which yet)
- Take a dance class where I'll really get better at -- not just dance for fun -- jazz or modern
- Re-learn how to ride a motorcycle (coming in September!)
- Learn to drive a stick shift
- Make, and stick to, a budget.
- Bake french macarons.
That's what I've got so far. Any other ideas?
3 comments:
please add "marry tobe's brother" to the list (but no pressure; doesn't have to happen at 26. just as long as it happens) :) ox
great list! i, too, began crafting a a goals list on my birthday this year; i'm calling it "30 B4 30". i don't feel old or anything, but seriously, time's a-wastin'! learning to drive a manual made my list as well! (it is necessary if one is to be/become a world traveler. ;)
I love everything about this!!! Hmm I think those goals look good friend! I think I just may make a list of my own now...thanks for the inspiration (and the laugh--that book title is ridiculous!)!
Post a Comment