Wednesday, February 16, 2011

make something awesome

So a smart and talented friend of mine recommended this video. (I seem to have made no secret of my love for most things Frenchy.) It's adorable and cute and I wish it were me living it...but my favorite part of the link is actually the description of the vimeo-er's channel -- Wine after Coffee:

You wake up in the morning, you drink your coffee and you find yourself amazed by some awesome video, you share it, you watch it over and over again, you feel like doing something great while you take the last sip of your coffee... this Channel tries to put all those sensations together in one place, to make you realize that the idea that will make someone feel like you feel when you watch something amazing is not that far from your round (or sometimes square) head... trying to put the best of the best, all that Awesomeness in one place so you can go to bed after a good glass of wine thinking... "holy macaroni, I better put my crap together and make something awesome"

You out there, my friends who still check in now and then, and random reader or two, have the ability to do something great. The possibilities that appear in your mind when you're inspired, when your dreams are looming large, are not just passing fancies or silly notions. At least, they don't have to be.

So here's a reminder -- you can make something awesome. Now get your crap together and do it!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I love this!

And I'm trying to get a project together...so perfect timing!

p.s. I read this the other day and thought it fit with this idea...not sure if you read Seth's blog but I think you would like a lot of what he says. :)

http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2011/02/what-you-missed.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Fsethsmainblog+%28Seth%27s+Blog%29

lauren said...

Yay!! I'm hoping your project is a book...is it?! No pressure. :)

And I'm going to follow your link when I'm not on someone else's dime!! You always have the best links.

Christopher said...

Woot!

@Sara - I like Seth Godin. His blog is poignant (in the positive def. of the word) and his book "The Dip" is a good pick-me-up for down-feeling go-getters. But as relates to that specific post you linked to, my favorite quote that speaks to that truth is of the Old School, by the man who built the World's Colombian Exposition (which subsequently inspired one of Sufjan's most enjoyable songs. So many good things.):

http://www.ontko.com/pub/rayo/burnham.html

You can read about him in The Devil in the White City - dark at points, but fascinating.

lauren said...

Read 'em both (your links). Like 'em both. It's so hard to do, though. Let's all try to remind each other, eh?

Been hoping to read Devil in the White City at some point too... I'm glad to have your reminder & endorsement, Chris!