Helen Keller
--
Sometimes I need to be totally alone to remember that I'm free. It makes me feel peaceful, and not worried. I remember that I'm only me, that I'm so insignificant, that all the world doesn't rest on my shoulders or rely on my behaving the way I always have or the way others expect me to. I live in a present moment in which I can make any decision I want, and the world will not spin off its axis. And then I feel freedom-- to just be in the world and enjoy it and take chances with my life. I'm not in control, and it takes a weird kind of strength to keep admitting that.
2 comments:
"freedom-- to just be in the world and enjoy it and take chances with my life."
this may very well be the distilled desire of 20-somethings everywhere - hell, everyone everywhere for that matter.
ah, what a beautiful quote!
Post a Comment