Saturday, July 25, 2009

make your own concert

My list of people I'd love to see in concert keeps growing!  I've already internally committed to following The Weepies just about anywhere they go, plus Greg Laswell can count on seeing me in the audience whenever he's within a reasonable radius and I'm still gainfully employed.  Regina Spektor has captured my eardrums ever since I heard the chirpy part of "Fidelity" jumping through the speakers at Anthropologie, which is actually the same place Lenka's sing-songy "Don't Let Me Fall" caught my attention.  I sometimes think about how awesome it would be if all the artists I love had a concert together...wouldn't that be amazing?  And then they could sing duets and renditions of each other's songs...I would be in heaven.  

So here's a question...who would be at your dream concert??  Don't limit yourself!  You could even have a music festival!  

Just something to think about. 

4 comments:

laura said...

oh man, this is just almost too much for me to handle, but here's my start: greg laswell, joshua radin, ingrid michaelson, stevie wonder, tina turner, frank sinatra, dave barnes, jon mclaughlin, justin mcroberts...okay, that's enough.

eis271828 said...

Fiona Apple. Adding anyone else would just reduce the time she would have to perform. If she needed breaks, perhaps someone else that wouldn't mind sharing a piano so there wouldn't be any significant downtime. Candidates include Regina Spektor, Tori Amos, and Ben Folds.

teresa said...

wow, just the thought of it makes me tap my feet! i am right there with you on the spektor-philia. i also second eis271828 regarding miss apple - nobody else would have to be on the marquee for her show. off the top of my head, i'd say: corinne bailey rae, amy winehouse (preferably sober), regina, fiona, ingrid, sara b., sade - and that's just some of the ladies! for the fun of it, let's throw lady gaga in the mix (in small doses, though).

lauren said...

Oh my gosh, I love all of these concerts. And festivals. Wouldn't it be awesome to hear Ingrid doing a duet with Frank, or Stevie & Corinne, or Regina & Tori? Or a bunch of those ladies & gents chiming in with Lady Gaga? Although if that was happening, I'd have to ask the So You Think You Can Dance peeps to come do their thing, too...