Thursday, March 5, 2009

31 veggie burgers

Even though my mouth waters at the thought of a good beef burger, I usually have a hard time choosing between that and the exciting variety of alterna-burgers out there in the world.  When such options as the succulent salmon burger, the clouds-of-heaven-atop-a-meat-patty turkey burger, and the spicy-smoky-tasty black bean burger are tempting me with their deliciousness, how can I possibly stick to one?

Well, this won't really help me decide on a favorite, but I'm still excited about it: 31 veggie burgers.  It's the blog of a KC guy turning 31 on March 31st, who has decided to try 31 different veggie burgers in 31 days.  He's a vegetarian and former vegan-- an alterna-burger expert!-- and he and his wife (both Hallmark employees) have also appeared in the Food section of the KC Star.  That's right, he's a foodie.  And his videos chronicling each adventure make me feel like I'm watching a Kansas City edition of the Food Network!  

Hope you enjoy his tour of local veggie burgers...I know I will!

** edit: oops!  His birthday isn't the 31st, but the rest of it is still true.

No comments: