My roommate Laura and I went to Greg Laswell's concert in Lawrence a few nights ago. Since it was Spring Break at KU, the venue was faaar from crowded. We could just hang out near the stage without having to fight anyone to get there. It was nice since I didn't have to be all anxious like I get when I want to be near the musician without looking like I'm trying too hard to get there (although I did have to try to play it cool and not look as excited as I really was to be so close...musicians are pretty dreamy).
Anya Marina and Jay Nash (extra dreamy) played before Greg, and after the concert, we went up to their merchandise table to check out the t-shirts & cds. Jay was hanging out there and we told him he sounded great, and thanked them for coming out to Lawrence. He was really great to talk to, because he made eye contact and really seemed like he actually cared to be talking to some random concertgoers (which Greg didn't so much...but he might just be more introverted). He even remembered which of us was Lauren/Laura-- no small feat! Then as Laura and I continued to look at the merchandise, he looked at me for a second and said, "I like your hair." "Thanks!" I said. He studied me for a second more and said, "It really suits you." I said thanks again, feeling extremely flattered, and Laura and I went over to the ATM to get some cash for our stuff. When we got back, Jay said he voted the two of us "best hair on the tour." What?! Anya came back just then and Jay asked her if she agreed, and she did.
That exchange just made my night.
So yes: Best Hair on the Greg Laswell/Jay Nash/Anya Marina tour for Laura and I. That's better than 50 t-shirts!!
4 comments:
i'm adding it to my resume, under talents, skills and necessary competencies.
oh and my word verification on this one is way too easy to define. it's publoo....duh a loo in a pub. awesome!
Ummmm consider us EVEN MORE OFFICIAL friends now. Becaaaaause...you're linked! :)
Loved this story p.s. And I totally agree!
Also...I wish I got to hang out with you more!
Absolutely yes!
...I mean, to be fair, those "Martha moments" are few and far between (and sometimes include starting a fire in the oven...oh yes I did...)
BUT I would definitely be up for expanding those skills. Especially if it includes YOU! So, SOLD! :)
p.s. Happy first day of spring!
You guys do have great hair.
Post a Comment