I guess I never should have started with the eating, then, huh? So, Louis beat me to the lunch email. Penumbra is a part of a shadow, and is especially used when talking about eclipses, so it has to do with space somewhat, so I was somewhat close, if you're feeling generous. I think there's something I am forgetting...
I think (generously) that you were far more right than I was! The "umbra" part is a lot like "ombre," the French word for "shadow"... M-w.com says the word is from 1666!
2 comments:
I guess I never should have started with the eating, then, huh? So, Louis beat me to the lunch email. Penumbra is a part of a shadow, and is especially used when talking about eclipses, so it has to do with space somewhat, so I was somewhat close, if you're feeling generous. I think there's something I am forgetting...
Exactly.
I think (generously) that you were far more right than I was! The "umbra" part is a lot like "ombre," the French word for "shadow"... M-w.com says the word is from 1666!
Post a Comment