Saturday, December 12, 2009

they need

I haven't done a good job of living this out. But to continue with things that have been ringing in my head... A really wise friend of mine was talking through the concept of Simplicity out loud when our women's Bible study met a few weeks ago, and she summed up the concept so well, in so few words, that it has echoed in my mind ever since.

I've been convicted by the desire to live, and speak, simply. Just have to remember, now, that desiring isn't the same as doing.
--

Simplicity.
It's just changing your mindset from "I want, I want, I want"...
to "they need, they need, they need."

4 comments:

luke said...

thank you for sharing your learning on simplicity--it is a good reminder and encouragement to continue in that journey.

i saw you quoted from foster's chapter on simplicity in celebration, so i thought i'd also give you a big recommend for his book the freedom of simplicity. so good. give it a glance if you haven't already.

sincerely,
your friendly book recommender.

Sara said...

I love hearing your thoughts. Keep 'em comin.

lauren said...

Thanks for the encouragement, you two. :)
Luke, that book looks really good. For all my talk, though, I'm inwardly cringing at how challenging I know it will be. That Foster...*shaking fist*! I do want to take a look, though. It sounds just right.

lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.