Saturday, January 9, 2010

snuggie sneak-up

So here I am. Saturday morning. Flipping through a cooking magazine after painting my nails. Ah, the life of leisure. But hey -- my ankles are cold. And actually, I can't feel my fingers very well. I sidle up to the space heater that's on Hi about two yards away and warm my hands by its vent, rubbing them together like I'm at a campfire, careful to keep my elbows tight to my body to hold up the fleecy blanket I'm encased in.

I return to my spot on the couch.

Thumbing through a magazine again, I think: "Gosh, wouldn't it be nice to have like a big blanket I could walk around in and not have to carry everywhere with me? Something that would cover me up all over so I wouldn't have these chilly spots?"

And then something clicks in my subconscious, and I realize:

I was just wanting a snuggie.

* Addendum 1/11/10: Not okay with the ad that follows the Snuggie video. Not a fan.

1 comment:

Sara said...

hahahaah love it. AND guilty as well!!! I was not-so-secretly wishing for one for Christmas...I feel your pain friend. I feel your pain.