A few friends have said I should start a food blog, which I definitely should not do (because I don't cook often enough, and my photography's not that good, and the list goes on...). But I'm still charmed by the idea.
Well, a few days ago, I was similarly charmed by a recipe via Smitten Kitchen for mini homemade pop-tarts.
So I made 'em.
And took pictures of them.
And then, after pondering long and hard and sitting inside on a rainy night...I decided to blog about them.
(And so begins a maybe-possibly, we'll-see-how-it-goes, not-making-any-promises, foodish-bloggy-thing.)
***
I spent a lot of hours on these little tartlets. And while biting into one, I'd tell you it was worth it. Most of the rest of the time, though, like while washing the food processor for the 3rd time or waiting at 2:00am for the tarts to finish chilling before baking, I'd recommend you coerce a friend into making them for you.
They're not easy.
Admittedly, I wouldn't haul out my rolling pin this many times for just any occasion. It helped that I knew these pop-tarts were going to feed a fun batch of friends after one of the best mornings on record: cartoon-watching + cereal-eating in the film vault of the downtown library.
It was a morning I'll hold on to for a long while.
(Nostalgic toaster pastries, on the other hand, shouldn't be held on to for much more than a week, stored in an airtight container.)
6 comments:
And those pop-tarts were GOOD!! I think the fruit ones were my favorite, but the Nutella one was really yummy, too! You + food blog = perfect match.
this is one of my favorite posts ever!! the love and care you put into creating those little pop-tarts is astounding. those little treats of heaven were divine!!! keep the food blogging coming...!
To say I am impressed is a TOTAL UNDERSTATEMENT!
Good work friend! And LOVE that you used NUTELLA!!!
ummmm...YUM. i'm headed to SK immediately!!
Everyone is still raving (for good reason) about these babies. Good work, momma cook!
-Megan H.
Thank you for your supportive comments!! There is more food coming...to bellies and blogs. :)
Post a Comment