Saturday, April 16, 2011

reminder: alone is okay

When I started living alone, it took some major emotional adjusting. I've grown to be okay with it, to love it in some ways, and to learn to live with it in others. I think we all need a little permission to be alone sometimes, though -- not lonely, just content being by our genuine selves.

I've posted this before, but I still need reminding.

" 'Cause if you're happy in your head, then solitude is blessed and alone is okay... And it doesn't mean you aren't connected, that community's not present. Just take the perspective you get from being one person in one head and feel the effects of it... You could be in an instant surrounded if you need it." - Tanya Davis

---



1 comment:

lauren h. said...

Great reminder. Been thinking about alone-ness too... I think I might re-post :-) Hope you're doing well, Lauren!