Something I heard today made me go on a little journey in my memory, back to a place called St. Olaf College. It was a picturesque place, a college full of beautiful buildings... perhaps the least beautiful of which I considered to be the old Science Center. (It was very brown and smelled science-y.) Within its walls, dreams were dreamed, discoveries were discovered, things were titrated. And somewhere, off yonder in a distant land, the Coen brothers lived their semi-ordinary lives with no idea that they'd someday be FILMING PART OF THEIR NEXT MOVIE IN THE SCIENCE CENTER ON MY COLLEGE CAMPUS.
I know, what?!
Apparently my alma mater will now be famous for something other than its choir (which really is awesome...here, with our orchestra, used as the music in a Nike ad) and as the object of frequent allusions on The Golden Girls!
Kinda nifty, if you ask me. :)
1 comment:
st. olaf college is hitting the big time. so exciting!
Post a Comment