"to think a plant up towards the sun
it can't be done, it can't be done"
Time. How do we grow to love it? It usually does exactly the opposite of what we want it to. Want the time to last, and it rushes away like a river. Want it to pass, and it stares back at you like mud in a puddle. And makes you want to kick it.
I suppose time is what makes us wise. But oh my gosh, it takes so long. I need wisdom. I need to be ten or twenty steps ahead of where I am now. But here I am. And there's so much more I want to say, but every time I get to this time of night (much later than the time posted below) and have typed out too many thoughts and gone too many different directions, I'm too jumbled to say it. So I'll settle for the tip of the iceberg.
Time...it heals in ways that no thoughts, conversations, tears or touch ever could.
So take off your bandages. Take out the stitches over what you thought had healed and hadn't. Even if you don't know what to do with it, let it be. Time will work. And all you have to do is stay there and let it. (Sometimes a bigger task than you think.)
I know nothing's that simple. Even the imperative "be still" can make me explode in worry. We never know where we're headed and where the time will take us. I know I will keep struggling against time, keep thinking that with enough effort and clarity I'll be able to see the top of the maze. But I won't. So hopefully I'll be able to find my way the way we all do...with a lot of mistakes and a little bit of grace.
the weepies- "takes so long"
1 comment:
this is my most favorite post of yours! i loved "stares back at you like mud in a puddle." you are incredible lauren! and i too, have issues with the passage of time. thank you for sharing your thoughts!
and you know what time it is? yeah, me neither.
Post a Comment