Tuesday, February 17, 2009

pony express

Today, I got a random text from my roommate.  I saw the blinky light, opened my phone and read:
"I probably don't have time.  im leaving in about an hour...bummer!"

Hm.  I didn't text her today, I thought to myself.  I wonder if she meant it for someone else?

So I called her at work and asked if the text was meant for someone else.  
Laura:  "What did it say?" 
Me: "Um, something about not having time, that you're leaving in about an hour?"
Laura: [Pondering.]  "I think that was what I texted you on Sunday when you were asking if I wanted to watch that movie."
Me: [Pondering...then glancing back at the phone screen.]
Phone: Laura, 2:45pm Feb 15
Me: "Oh my gosh, you're right!  Stupid phone.  Why didn't it send it until today??"
Laura: "It's like the pony express!"
And that is why I love my roommate.

2 comments:

laura said...

thanks for going along with my quirky antics...you never know what's going to come out of my mouth!

lauren h. said...

i'm so glad it resonated with you! silence has become less and less fearful for me lately, and i hope for you too :-) thanks for your words.