"Summer is the Champion"
"I Can See Your Tracks"
"Wide Eyed, Legless"
Fun facts about Laura Veirs:
~ She attended Carleton College, located in the same tiny town as my alma mater. In fact, her college campus was the location of the "cookie house", where you could go any hour of day or night and bake cookies, as long as you left the ones you didn't eat for other stoppers-by.
~ Her latest album is named after a type of peach that she bought at a farmer's market and canned. (Have I mentioned my canning aspirations?)
~ She didn't start writing music until after college, while on a geological expedition as a translator in China.
~ She collaborated on "Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then)" with the Decemberists, and is included in a compilation album of Led Zeppelin covers coming out on Oct. 12.
No comments:
Post a Comment